There’ve been several reports of a mountain lion hunting cats and small game near a Paradise school.
As you can see on our map, Ponderosa Elementary is located close to the Feather River canyon, on the east side of the ridge.
Parents received warnings about the mountain lion sightings reported by nearby neighbors.
One of those neighbors, Gordon Gibbons, sent us a photo he took of the big cat.
A spokesperson for the elementary school said animal control, the California Department of Fish- and- Wildlife and the Paradise Police all were at the school yesterday watching for the big cat.
The school was told they didn't need to change any of their normal safety practices, because their school is located in the mountain lion's natural habitat.
Today they kept the kids off of the field, just to be safe.
- Mountain lion spotted near school in Paradise
- 3 mountain lions spotted near Butte City, Ord Bend
- Mountain Lions prowling around the ridge
- Possible mountain lion sighting leads to warnings
- Mountain lion sighting spike in Shasta County
- Mountain lion removed from tree in California backyard
- Paradise High School Bullying
- When a mountain lion attacked him, a Colorado runner choked it to death
- Boy attacked by possible mountain lion in San Diego's Los Peñasquitos Canyon
- Paradise schools prepare for snow