Motorhome home majorly damaged by fire in Redding

One person is safe after evacuating a fire in their motorhome in Redding Friday morning.

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 2:13 PM

REDDING, Calif. – One person is safe after evacuating a fire in their motorhome in Redding Friday morning.

On Friday morning, the Redding Fire Department responded to a motorhome fire on Merchant Street. When crews arrived, the motorhome was well-involved. Crews quickly extinguished the fire without spread to a nearby structure.

The motorhome was occupied by one person, who, fortunately, was able to evacuate safely, according to RFD.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, and a result of electrical arching with improperly stored gasoline nearby, according to RFD.

Chico
Partly Cloudy
91° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 88°
Oroville
Clear
92° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 89°
Paradise
Clear
91° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 88°
Chester
Clear
91° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 88°
Red Bluff
Partly Cloudy
91° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 88°
Willows
Clear
91° wxIcon
Hi: 94° Lo: 61°
Feels Like: 88°
High clouds are streaming over northern California on this final day of the workweek, and light showers are trying to fall over the mountains. It is warmer today despite the clouds, and it's going to get much warmer soon.
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events