REDDING, Calif. – One person is safe after evacuating a fire in their motorhome in Redding Friday morning.
On Friday morning, the Redding Fire Department responded to a motorhome fire on Merchant Street. When crews arrived, the motorhome was well-involved. Crews quickly extinguished the fire without spread to a nearby structure.
The motorhome was occupied by one person, who, fortunately, was able to evacuate safely, according to RFD.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, and a result of electrical arching with improperly stored gasoline nearby, according to RFD.