UPDATE 11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 23, 2019 - According to the California Highway Patrol, a motorcyclist involved in a crash on I-5 has severe injuries.
Authorities said he was driving his motorcycle at high speeds and swerving in and out of lanes when he hit the back of a vehicle.
There was one person in the vehicle that the motorcycle hit. They were not injured.
All lanes are now clear on northbound I-5 at the Knighton Road offramp.
REDDING, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol is responding to reports of a motorcycle versus vehicle crash on I-5, near the Knighton Road offramp.
According to the CHP logs, one of the lanes is blocked northbound on I-5.
One person was taken to the hospital, according to our reporter at the scene.
Stay tuned for updates.
TRAFFIC ALERT: NB I-5, approximately 5 miles north of Anderson (Shasta County) - Traffic slowing due to two vehicle traffic collision. Expect delays in the area. WILL UPDATE
— Caltrans District 2 (@CaltransD2) May 23, 2019
- Motorcycle crash causes traffic delays on I-5, Knighton Road
- Crash on Knighton Road in Redding slows down traffic
- Crash causes traffic delays on Highway 99, Hamilton Road
- Overturned vehicle causes delays on I-5
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-5 Accident Near Redding
- Motorcycle Crash Causes Traffic Issues near Downtown Redding
- Traffic backup causes 2-hour delay on NB I-5 south of Shasta Lake
- All lanes reopened on I-5 at Fawndale Road after crash
- Traffic alert: Road work causes delays in Glenn County
- Motorcycle Crashes on Mangrove Avenue