UPDATED with new information on Thursday, 5-24-2018 5:30 p.m.
CHICO, CALIF. - The motorcyclist injured in a crash blocks from the Chico State campus remains in critical condition in the trauma unit at Enloe Medical Center.
Chico police say 22 year old Cameron Arshaid, a Chico State student, received major injuries.
He is currently being treated for multiple fractures and serious injuries to internal organs after last Thursday’s crash at the intersection of West Third and Orange Streets.
Traffic Sergeant Todd Lefkowitz says Arshaid was driving his motorcycle significantly over the speed limit when he struck a car. The driver of the car was not injured.
Witnesses told police the driver of the car, also a Chico State student, completely stopped and proceeded with caution in the intersection when she was hit.
Sergeant Lefkowitz says Arshaid's motorcycle slid into the left front area of the car. It was the second major injury crash involving a motorcycle crash in the last three weeks, where speed and inexperience were factors. This crash happened Thursday, May 17, at 10 a.m.
Sergeant Lefkowitz says alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- UPDATED: Motorcycle Crash Victim Still in Critical Condition
- 6-Year-Old in Critical Condition After Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Nord Ave. crash leaves Chico pedestrian in critical condition
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Burney; victim and passenger identified
- Motorcycle Crashes on Mangrove Avenue
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Redding
- 1 killed in Highway 3 motorcycle crash
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Bicycle Vs. Vehicle Collision Leaves one in Critical Condition