UPDATE 3:56 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5, 2018 - The Major Accident Investigation Team of the Chico Police Department has identified the parties involved in the motorcycle versus vehicle collision on Sunday, Nov. 4.
The motorcyclist has been identified as Zackery Summers, 26, of Chico.
Summers was riding his motorcycle westbound on Eaton Road near Morseman Avenue on a motorcycle not intended to be driven on public roadways. It did not have required reflectors and lighting to the rear.
A man identified as Tong Lee, 59, of Chico, was driving westbound on Eaton Road and came upon Summers on the roadway, who was either stopped or slowing down, appearing to be turning southbound on Morseman Avenue.
Lee collided into the back of the motorcycle and then tried to stop her car, but collided into a large tree.
According to the department, Summers was not wearing properly fastened safety equipment during the collision and sustained major head injuries. He was transported to a nearby hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Lee was treated for moderate injuries and kept for observation.
CHICO, Calif. -
Chico Police are investigating a wreck involving a vehicle and motorcycle in north Chico.
Police say it happened at the intersection of E. Eaton Road and Morseman Avenue at 5:55 p.m. Sunday. Both drivers of the motorcycle and vehicle were hospitalized. Police say the motorcyclist is in serious condition.
Police shut down the intersection for six hours during the investigation. The Chico Police Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating. They are requesting any witnesses to contact their office at (530) 897-4970.
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road
- Man in Critical Condition Following Vehicle Versus Wheelchair Collision
- Victim Identified in Amtrak Vs. Vehicle Collision in Dorris
- Cal Fire Responding to Train Versus Big-Rig Collision
- Car Versus Motorcycle Accident Sends One to the Hospital
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Burney; victim and passenger identified
- Vehicle versus bicyclist leaves one with major injuries in Redding
- Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Hit and Run at Orland School