(WWBT/NBC News) What started out as a date night for one Virginia couple turned into a special moment Traci Alexander.
Paul Alexander had orchestrated the surprise of a lifetime for his wife.
Paul got the call a week ago that his son Aaron was coming home for the first time after a two-year deployment in Bahrain.
"She talks about missing him every day," said Paul Alexander.
"I haven't seen him or touched him since then," Traci Alexander said when asked what she'd like for Mother's Day. "That is the thing that I would like to have the most, that would mean the most to me."
Little did she know Aaron was just around the corner.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2I7Ivg0
- Mother's Day Surprise Done Right
- Making Mother's Day flowers last longer
- North Sate Symphony gets a loud surprise
- Soldier surprises his daughter at school
- Recology Surprises Gridley Boy With Cancer
- CARD Hosting Mother’s Day Tea in the Rose Garden
- CARD to Host Mother's Day Tea in Rose Garden
- Mother’s Day Done Right at the Cottonwood Rodeo
- Creekside Rose Garden was site for Mother's Day Tea
- Immigrant Mother Shares Her Story