COTTONWOOD, Calif. - The Cottonwood Rodeo wanted to pay special tribute to all the wonderful moms on Sunday.
Thousands of people came out to see all of the amazing competitors perform on the final day of competition.
The Cottonwood Rodeo was started all the way back in 1963 and still continues as a nice tradition.
One Rodeo loving mom spoke with Action News Now and told us why this rodeo is so special to her.
“Just the fact that it is small and you know everyone is going to be here you know if you're into that kind of stuff and it is inexpensive so you can bring the whole family and it’s just good fun and good weather,” said Rachel Dollarhide, a rodeo attendee.
Mother’s Day was also special for Sunday’s Miss Cottonwood Rodeo Queen, Scotti Murphy, who was crowned queen after both her mother and grandmother along with her aunt have all worn the same crown.
- Mother’s Day Done Right at the Cottonwood Rodeo
- Victim Identified in Cottonwood Housefire
- Redding Rodeo Week Kicks off
- Cottonwood man shot after starting a fight
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Cottonwood children’s garden for healthy living
- Free Wine Tasting Comes to Cottonwood
- Cottonwood Arsonist Meeting Leaves Some With Questions
- Organizations, Volunteers Lighting up Downtown Cottonwood
- Cottonwood Teen Dies Following Deadly Crash