A Texas mother of five children got a big surprise recently.
Her family is about to nearly double in size!
The 43 year old shocked to learn she's now pregnant with quadruplets.
Ruth Mochire is from Kenya, she has been in the United States for about a decade.
She and her family were coming back from a month-long family vacation in Kenya when she found out she was pregnant.
She explains, "When I came back you have to do a medical checkup before you go back to work in the refinery, so when they did my blood test, my foreman comes and tells me like Ruth you can't go back, it shows that you are pregnant."
Mochire went to the hospital to get a second opinion, and got an answer she and her husband were not expecting.
She says, "The doctor tells my husband, sit down first and he is like what is it? Do you know how many babies you got? He said it’s okay if you've got two you know we had twins and one died and one survived and he said 'no just sit down.' so he sat down and he tells him 'one, two, three, and four, and I was like no."
Shock and disbelief, it took Ruth and her husband two days to speak about the news they received.
The couple left worried how they would financially support a family of 11 on one income.
Ruth Mochire said, "They told me I can't work there anymore, because it's not advisable for a women pregnant to work in a construction company."
The family needing the extra income for support even more now after they lost their home in Harvey.
Right now they are living out of two, two bedroom apartments.
And Ruth is left to wonder where they are going to fit 4 extra people.
She says, "We have stuff everywhere in the house because we were trying as much as possible to move what we could save, out."
She is keeping her faith in god that he will see her family through this difficult time.
Ruth will be admitted to Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston on Thursday.
She will undergo 5 hours of testing for the babies to make sure their hearts and brains are healthy enough for delivery.
Once they’re born they will remain in nic-u for a month so doctors can monitor their progress.
- Mother of 5 pregnant with quads
- EMS Worker Saves Pregnant Mother During Camp Fire
- At Risk Missing Pregnant Woman Found in Forbestown
- A pregnant mother was cited by police after her 3-year-old urinated in a parking lot on his way to the bathroom
- Mother's Day Surprise Done Right
- Immigrant Mother Shares Her Story
- North Dakota neighbor admits killing pregnant woman, cut baby from her womb
- Chris Watts Sentenced to Life in Prison in 'Inhumane' Killings of Two Daughters and Pregnant Wife
- Flu shot will not cause a pregnant woman to miscarry, study says
- Mother of Rancho Tehama shooter speaks out