EUREKA, Calif. (AP) - Police in Northern California arrested a woman on suspicion of fatally shooting her teenage son during a fight, authorities said.
Pamela Faye Millsap, 38, was arrested for involuntary manslaughter in the killing of her 17-year-old son, the Eureka Police Department said Wednesday.
Officers responding to a report of a family disturbance in Eureka Tuesday night found the teenager who had been shot once, the department said.
The boy was transported by ambulance to a hospital where he died.
Millsap is being held at Humboldt County Correctional Facility on $35,000 bail.
Based on the investigation, Detectives with the Eureka Police Department have arrested the victim’s mother Pamela Faye Millsap (38 of Eureka) for involuntary manslaughter. Millsap was transported and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility.
- Mother arrested in fatal shooting of her teenage son
- BCSO: Deputies arrest son on charges of murdering his mother
- Teenager's school shooting plot thwarted in Vermont
- Father, Son Shooting in Oroville
- Runaway Chico teenager located
- Woman arrested on murder charges after fatal shooting in Oroville
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to fatal shooting in Oroville
- Man arrested after toddler fatally shoots self in California
- 3 arrested in fatal shooting of El Dorado Sheriff's deputy
- A CBP employee killed his wife and two sons before fatally shooting himself, police say