In the midst of the budget battle on Capitol Hhill, North State Congressman Doug La Malfa took time out on the House Floor to honor local singing legend Morris Taylor.
The long time KHSL Television and Radio host, and decorated WW II veteran, died earlier this month at the age of 93.
La Malfa delivered a six minute speech on January 18th, you can watch the speech for yourself in the video clip that accompanies this article.
He noted that, quote, "On KHSL TV Channel 12 in Chico, California,an incredible 39 year run of entertainment. Folks would watch every weekend. The show was a blend of soothing country western music and original music, performed by himself and many talented guests."
Congressman La Malfa carried a cowboy hat, as hats aren't allowed to be worn there, and he even told a few of Taylor's jokes and read some of the words of his signature song "High Sierra".
- Morris Taylor honored in Washington, D.C.
- Paradise leaders discuss fire impacts in Washington D.C.
- Paradise mayor to advocate for Camp Fire relief in Washington D.C.
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Councilmember shares fire impacts in Washington D.C.
- Chico Icon Moriss Taylor dies
- Beyonce and Literature ‘Inspire’ D.C. Winning Art
- Peg Taylor Center celebrates anniversary and 5k
- AC/DC co-founder dies at the age of 64
- Suspect in Custody Following Stabbing of D.C. Jogger
- Paradise Mayor going to DC to discuss Camp Fire