Gun background checks hit another single-day record on black Friday.
The FBI says it fielded 203,086 background check requests for gun buyers on black Friday alone.
That's up from the two previous single-day highs both of which were recorded on black Fridays last year and the year before.
Gun checks are not a measure of how many guns were actually sold on black Friday.
That number is likely higher since approved buyers can purchase multiple firearms in one transaction.
- More than 200,000 background checks for guns on black Friday
- Trump claims GOP support for gun background checks despite lack of evidence
- California becomes first state to require ammunition background checks
- Vandals topple Prunedale beehives, kill 200,000 bees
- Butte County Black Friday Deals
- REU lower rates could save customers almost $200,000 a year
- Black Friday gets an early kick off
- Mild & dry for your Black Friday forecast
- Black Friday glitches across the nation
- Cities sue Defense Dept. over gun-check system failures