Be prepared for more active weather across Northern California today. The rain and snow will be more scattered, and not as heavy, but will still be enough to leave roads impacted through the day. Snow levels will be as low as 2500' this morning, but will more than likely lift to the 3500' to 4500' range by tonight. A Winter Storm Warning is in effect until noon today for portions of the Sierra above 4000'. Anyone planning to travel through the mountains today should keep chains handy, or have a 4wd vehicle. Temperatures have dipped into the high 30's to mid 40's in the valley overnight, and into the 20's to 30's in the mountains. Winds are mostly light this morning, but will pick back up to around 10mph out of the Southeast this afternoon. High temperatures will end up in the high 40's to mid 50's in the valley, and in the 30's to 40's in the mountains this afternoon. Looks like we may see a little lull in the showers overnight, but they'll return for the morning commute on Tuesday.
Showers will move through for your morning commute on Tuesday, then a heavier band of moisture will return for your Tuesday afternoon and night. Rain and snow will continue to impact travel on Wednesday. Snow levels will lift to between 5000' to 6000' but roads will still be slick. Temperatures will become slightly cooler on Wednesday despite. Showers will start to wrap up Wednesday afternoon, and we'll be mostly dry by Thursday. Thursday and Friday will stay mostly dry, but we still could get scattered showers. Heavier rain and snow will then return for your weekend. Rain and snow are expected from Saturday through Monday, but amounts are hard to nail down this far out.
- More rain, snow, & travel impacts ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- Low snow brings major travel impacts to Northern California today
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- Rain & snow return to Northern California today
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- Northern California braces for winter weather ahead of Thanksgiving travel
- Chilly temperatures & low snow ahead for Northern California
- More showers ahead for Northern California
- Major warming trend ahead for Northern California