After intense showers and thundershowers Friday night, Saturday turned out to be mostly dry and warm in the Valley, although isolated thundershowers did pop up in the mountains once again.
The brief break in the rain will not last. Rain will move in Saturday evening and last into Sunday morning. The rain will be heavy at times during thunderstorms and could lead to local flooding, especially the the burn scar areas.
Sunday should start wet, and showers and possibly a thunderstorm could linger into Sunday afternoon. Sunday will be much cooler, with Valley highs only in the upper 60's! And there also be snow from this late season, cold system down to 6000'. In fact, with all the late season Sierra snow, the Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort just announced they are extending their ski season into August!
We'll finally dry up by Monday, Memorial Day, although enough clouds will linger to call it partly cloudy and there may also be once again some mountain showers. We'll begin to warm back up too, with Valley highs warming to near 80 by late in the afternoon.
Sunshine will return by Tuesday, and we'll heat back up quick. Valley highs will reach the low to middle 80's on Tuesday, the middle 80's by Wednesday, and into the upper 80's both Thursday and Friday. Enjoy the cooler weather we'll see this weekend, because the late Spring heat will be coming our way soon!
- Rain Showers Tonight
- More rain on the way tonight!
- Downtown Chico Tree Lighting is tonight
- Orland Avenue of Lights kicks off tonight
- Getting Your Pets Through Tonight's Fireworks
- Red Flag Warning Tonight Through Sunday
- Pleasant Today, Red Flag Warning Returns Tonight
- Mostly dry today, but showers return tonight
- California expecting heavy rain
- Sunshine Tomorrow, Rain Ahead?