CHICO, Calif.-- The areas surrounding the Chico Municipal Airport could get even busier.
Airport Manager Sherry Miller told Action News Now that a base camp of 300-500 workers could be moving in to help with debris removal from the Camp Fire.
Miller said the lease has yet to be finalized but that they would be housed in about 250 units on the west side of the airport.
One nearby business owner said he's excited at the possibility of having more customers.
"I'm absolutely excited, its great for business. We've brought in a couple portable units to use for dining areas so in case the dining area gets full we can handle an overflow." said Boyd Atkin, the owner of The Foodie Cafe.
About 700 students from Paradise High School have already been moved into the former Facebook building for classes, causing an increase to traffic near the airport tremendously.
- More Congestion Could be Coming Into Chico Municipal Airport
- Public Safety for Paradise High School at Chico Municipal Airport
- Fire crews receive hands on wildfire training near the Chico Municipal Airport
- Top 5 Congested Cities in U.S.
- Commercial air service could come back to the Chico Airport
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Hundreds to fly in and out of Redding Municipal Airport this Memorial Day
- 5G coming to Chico
- Emergency landing at the Chico airport
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants