REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Police Department is unveiling a new memorial to acknowledge the effort and strength law enforcement officials showed during the Carr Fire.
The memorial was placed in front of the department last week for police personnel to know that their effort and selflessness during the Carr Fire will never be forgotten.
The donated monument has a plaque on it that says "The monument is dedicated to the men and women of the Redding Police Department and allied first responders for their extreme courage, selfless acts and dedication to our community during the horrific event."
Corporal Rob Peterson said although the monument is small, it holds quite a bit of power for the department.
"I had heard about it but I didnt know exactly when it was going to be going in and whenever I saw it it was just, I thought it was absolutely perfect for something in front of our department," he said. "That kind of memorializes exactly what we went through during the fire."
The monument is on display outside of the Redding Police Department.
- Monument acknowledges law enforcement effort during the Carr Fire
- Police Conduct Targeted Enforcement Effort
- Chico Fire Captain Recounts Efforts Fighting Carr Fire
- Law Enforcement Oversight?
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio Supports Carr Fire Relief Efforts
- Chico Ramada Plaza Collects Money for Carr Fire Relief Efforts
- Carr Fire 6 Months Later: Redding Law Enforcement Takes a Look Back
- Law Enforcement Honored Following Camp Fire
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief