Chico, Calif. -- We have a Red Flag Warning in effect now through Tuesday at 5 p.m.
That means critical fire weather conditions are in place, and any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Plan on those breezy conditions to continue today through tomorrow, coming from the north at 10-15 miles per hour and gusting up to 30 mph, especially strong overnight and into tomorrow morning and across the Sierra and North Valley.
We're also seeing low humidity today, with little recovery overnight tonight, getting as high as about 25% - 35% overnight and back in the 10-20% range across the valley tomorrow, single digits possible in the Redding area.
Temperature-wise we're warm this week, but we do have a cool-down in store toward the weekend.
Right now we're seeing that northerly as we're sandwiched between a ridge of high pressure off the coast and an upper trough pushing through the Rockies.
We'll see clear skies thanks to that high pressure and as the system near the rockies pushes very slowly east, we'll see our temperatures rise to the 90s in the valley, 70s and 80s in the mountains.
By Friday, a big cool-down comes our way as low pressure off the pacific moves inland, centering over the valley by Saturday.
That's where we could see a chance of rain over the mountains Saturday afternoon.
We can expect temperatures Saturday to be 5 to 10 degrees below normal.
As the system moves East Sunday, we'll see some cool air behind it drop us even cooler.
- Monday Forecast & Fire Weather Watch
- Shasta County weather watch
- Fire Weather Watch Ahead This Weekend
- Warm weather through Monday
- Summer-like Weather for Monday
- Flash Flood Watch ahead for your Monday afternoon
- Dec 30 Weather Forecast
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Monday
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Paradise Unified School District watches forecast to determine school closures