RAPID CITY, S.D. - A family in South Dakota is in shock after the mom, Dannette Giltz, went to the hospital thinking that she was having pain from kidney stones but ended up having an emergency cesarean section to give birth to triplets.
Before going into labor, Dannette says she and her husband, Austin, were done with having children.
The couple has been together for over 12 years and has one daughter and a 10-year-old son.
"One time I seen a shooting star and I wished for a baby brother, and I wished for like two sisters for my little sister because she always wanted a little sister, I knew this day was always going to come," said Ronnie Giltz, the couple's son.
The now family of seven is expecting little Blaze, Gypsy and Nikki to be able to come home any day now.
The triplets were born within four minutes of each other, and each weighed about four pounds,
The family is thankful for its close-knit, small South Dakota community that has stepped up to help them quickly prepare for the triplet's homecoming.
- Mom thought she had kidney stones, gave birth to triplets
- Facility Where Incapacitated Woman Gave Birth to Shut Down
- A Nurse is Accused of Impregnating a Woman in a Vegetative State Who Later Gave Birth
- A mom found videos on YouTube Kids that gave children instructions for suicide
- 19 nurses of a Nebraska hospital unit gave birth to 19 babies in 2019. The group picture was adorable
- Stone Fire: Evacuation Warning Lifted
- Study: Increase in Suicidal Thoughts, Attempts
- Kenyan who gave earnings to poor wins $1M teacher prize
- Roger Stone indicted on charges brought by special counsel
- The Rolling Stones postpone tour as Jagger receives medical treatment