Modoc County Sheriff’s deputies arrested four people in connection to a burglary that occurred sometime in late January, middle of February in Cedarville.
Two large semi-trailers were broken into. The suspects used a cutting tool to break into two large gun safes, and were able to get away with over 20 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, rare coins, thousands of dollars’ worth of tools, and 4 small motor bikes.
On Saturday February 24th and Sunday February 25th deputies served multiple search warrants in the city of Alturas.
They were able to recover over 20 guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition, 4 stolen motor bikes, coins, and pieces to manufacture assault rifles, as well as drugs including methamphetamines and fentanyl.
Deputies arrested Jeramy Hinton, age 40 at his residence, Cody Stomski, age 27 at his residence, and then Kemo Benavente, age 23, Keith Benavente, age 20, and Christian Lee, age 20 were all detained from a vehicle that was caught driving on one of the properties in question.
The estimated total of all the stolen items was over $25,000.
All of the 5 suspects are being held at the Modoc County Jail.
- Modoc County deputies arrest 5 in connection to burglary
- Modoc County flooding causes multiple road closures
- Butte County Sheriff Arrests Three in Connection to Multiple Burglaries
- Modoc County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man
- Some Horses During Modoc County Round-Up May Face Slaughter
- Arrests Made in Connection to Cal Fire Station Burglary
- UPDATE: Man Wanted for Questioning in Modoc County Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Deputies Search for Suspects in ATM Burglary
- Shasta County Deputies Arrest 1 in Montgomery Creek Alleged Burglary, Other Suspect at Large