UTAH - Mitt Romney is running for Senate in Utah.
The former Republican presidential candidate announced his campaign on Friday.
Romney hopes to replace the Senate seat being vacated by Senator Orrin Hatch who announced his retirement in January.
In his announcement, Romney criticized immigration hard-liners in the White House and Congress.
The 70-year-old Romney has been a critic of President Trump.
- Mitt Romney announces Utah Senate run
- Senator Bernie Sanders Announces Presidential Run
- Chelsea Manning confirms US Senate run
- Manhunt for Utah man that shot police
- Utah Firefighter killed while battling Mendocino Complex
- Cory Booker announces he is running for president
- Joe Biden announces he is running for president in 2020
- Trump scales back 2 big Utah national monuments
- Crews in northeast Nevada seek small plane bound for Utah