FOREST GLENN, Calif. - Trinity County Sheriff's Office said they received a report regarding potential human remains, submerged in the Trinity River near Forest Glen, CA.
The report had been made by a passerby, who believed they had seen specifically a body in the river.
Trinity County Sheriff's Office Deputies as well as Search and Rescue members said they were already aware of a recent missing person from that area.
The missing person had been identified as Dylan Humphrey.
Humphrey had last been seen on March 9, 2020; however, a report regarding Humphrey had not been made to the Sheriff's Office until March 12, 2020, according to deputies.
A thorough search of the river bank was conducted and late in the evening on March 13, 2020, searchers discovered what appeared to have been a body submerged in the river. Rescue divers attempted to retrieve the body; however, their attempts were initially unsuccessful due to the late hour and darkness.
Rescue Divers made a second attempt during the morning hours of March 14, 2020, at which time they successfully recovered the body and were able to bring it to shore, according to deputies.
Trinity County Sheriff's Office Detectives were at the scene and were able to positively identify the deceased individual as Humphrey.
Humphrey suffered from substance abuse issues as well as mental health disorders. No signs of foul play were noted nor any which would indicate that Humphrey had been the victim of any crime, according to deputies.
- Sheriff: Missing person's body found in Trinity County
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Search teams found missing Trinity Alps hiker dead
- Body recovered from vehicle in Trinity County creek
- Trinity County poorest in California
- Trinity County votes: Local measures
- Trinity County Sheriff’s Office Needs Help Purchasing New K9s
- Trinity County Sheriff's Office searching for armed robbery suspects
- Sheriff's Office Camp Fire Missing Person List
- Missing Family's Bodies Found in River