OROVILLE, Calif. - Officials from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Office have captured a man who walked away from a Male Community Re-entry Program in Butte County on Monday.
James Betti, 31, was apprehended around 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 17, near the Feather River in Oroville.
After he was taken into custody, he was transported to Folsom State Prison.
The case will be referred to the Butte County District Attorney's Office for consideration of escape charges.
Betti was serving five years for vehicle theft and was participating in the Male Community Re-entry Program in Butte County, which allows eligible inmates to serve the end of their sentences in a re-entry center to help with the transition back into society.
- Missing Inmate Captured in Oroville
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- Update: Wanted suspect from Oroville captured by Marysville police
- Oroville Police chase: man still missing
- Popular Online Oroville Ranch Dog is Missing
- Deputies Still Searching for Missing Oroville Man
- BCSO needs your help finding a missing Oroville man
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update