On January 19th around 10:30 a.m. the body of Kelsey Powles was found in the area of Highway 147 near the newly constructed Hamilton Branch Bridge by Plumas County Search and Rescue personnel.
On January 18th the Powles’ family reported her missing to the Lassen and Plumas County Sheriff’s Office.
Powles’ vehicle was found on the morning of January 18th stuck in a ditch off Highway 147 with no one around.
The case is under investigation at this time. Deputies say it is too early to tell if foul play is involved.
Anyone with information or having seen Powles on Wednesday January 17 or Thursday January 18 is encouraged to call the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office at 530-283-6300.
- Missing Chico woman found dead
- Missing woman found dead in Placer County
- Missing Redding Man Found Dead
- Missing woman found dead, son named "person of interest"
- MISSING WOMAN FOUND: At Risk Shasta Lake Woman Found Safe
- Dead woman found in Shingletown identified
- MISSING MAN FOUND: Chico Police Searching for Missing Man
- Missing Marysville Woman Found After 10 Days
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Missing At-Risk Woman Found in Redding