REDDING, Calif. - The Redding City Planning Commission has approved the 'Center of Hope' which intends to put both medical and mental health services under one roof.
There will also be a building to house young people in need.
The main issue at hand was the location along Churn Creek Road just next door to the Redding Adventist Academy.
The solution from the planning commission is to build a barrier between the two properties.
"It at least sends the message to our neighbors that we hear them and we want to take their concerns very seriously," said Lynn Dorroh, CEO of the Hill Country Health and Wellness Center.
The "hill country wellness center" will now be able to move forward with the project.
- Mental Health Facility Approved in Redding
- Shasta County Creates New Mental Health Facility
- Dignity Health Redding Health Expo
- Redding Announces Cannabis Business Approval
- Shasta County Debuts Mobile Mental Health Service
- Redding Goes Red for Women's Heart Health
- Captive Air in Redding Approved for Expansion
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Redding Planning Commission Approves Cannabis Cultivator
- New and larger facility for children's health care