PARADISE - Hundreds of people gathered in Paradise on Saturday to honor a couple who tragically died in a suspected DUI crash on Highway 70 in Plumas County.
The priest who conducted the memorial fought back tears.
John Lowe and Crystal Smith were boyfriend and girlfriend that were admirably in love, family says.
Family and friends even say they were going to marry in May.
But on February 5, those plans got cut short, loved ones spoke about their fondest memories of the lovebirds.
"They were so happy I was so blessed to have them in my life,” said Dale O’ Donnell, the mother of John Lowe.
“My brother found the one you know and the way they lit up when they were around each other I mean there’s nothing to compare that to,” said Joshua Cobos, the brother of John Lowe.
The memorial ended sometime after 4 p.m. Saturday at 5570 Black Olive Dr.
The California Highway Patrol says that 48-year-old Karen Schwamb is the suspected DUI driver that killed three people (killed the couple and a 61-year-old man) and is currently in jail on a $3 million bail.
The family says that John and Crystal loved riding motorcycles and are just glad they met each other before they died.
If you would like to donate to their “Go-Fund-Me” page click the link here.
- Memorial held for couple that died in suspected DUI crash in Plumas County
- Victims identified in Plumas County DUI crash that killed 3
- Small Plane Crash in Plumas County
- Plumas County man still missing
- Race held in memory of Kristina Chesterman, woman killed in fatal DUI crash
- Plumas County Deputies Search for Eye-Stabbing Suspect
- Plumas County Sheriff's Office bust suspected butane honey oil lab
- DUI Sentencing Held at Orland High School
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD