BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A large roundabout project has been proposed by public works and will begin construction in 2020.
The roundabout, which is estimated to cost $6 million, will be built on Eaton Road in north Chico. It will be placed at the intersection of Highway 99's on and off ramps, as well as the overpass and Hicks Lane.
Advocates for the project say it will improve safety and cut down traffic delays.
However, some community members are not in favor of the project.
Construction is set for the Spring of 2020.
Staff is seeking input on the proposed project and invites anyone to attend a meeting on April 17, from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Old Municipal Building on 441 Main Street.
- Meeting set to discuss proposed Eaton Road Roundabout
- New Proposed Roundabout Construction
- Eaton Road extension project completed
- Roundabout project proposed in north Chico
- 3-Car Crash Causes Chico’s Eaton Road to be Closed
- Chico Roundabout Beautification May Delay Some Drivers
- Durham-Pentz roundabout causing drivers concern
- Authorities investigating 2-car crash on Highway 99, Eaton Saturday
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Meeting at CSUC discusses fed's water delivery plan