THERMALITO, Calif. -- Butte County Public Health officials say a person who contracted the virus may be connected to an elementary school in Thermalito.
Sierra Avenue Elementary School Principal Lisa Shaw confirmed there was an exposure on March 19th at the school, but she wouldn't say if it was a student, staff member or someone outside of the school district.
The principal said the exposure happened briefly during after school program hours.
Shaw said the school called and emailed parents this week notifying them about the exposure.
Shaw said staff and students are currently no longer at risk of being exposed to measles on the school grounds.
- Measles exposure confirmed at Sierra Avenue Elementary School
- Measles outbreak: potential exposure locations in the North State
- Measles case confirmed at Chico State
- 6th case of the measles confirmed
- Measles case confirmed in Shasta County
- 1 measles case confirmed in Glenn County
- Measles outbreak
- Chapman Elementary School Garden
- Sierra View students turn entrepreneurs
- Sierra Nevada 'Resilience' Out Now