CNN - A classic McDonald's treat has gone through some changes.
The fast food giant announced it altered the recipe for apple pie.
The beloved dessert supposedly includes less ingredients and a whole new look.
The pies are now covered in lattice-style crust, and sprinkled with a sugar topping.
McDonald's said they are made with six different kinds of apples that are 100% American grown.
The pies clock in at 240 calories.
Customers took to social media when they noticed the change, and the reviews were mixed.
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Celebrating Pi Day with some PIE
- Pie is the star of Nord Country School Annual Benefit
- McDonald's brings back Shamrock Shakes, Szechuan sauce
- Man arrested trying to commit robbery in McDonald's bathroom
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway
- Chicago Police Officer Jason Van Dyke Found Guilty of Second-Degree Murder in Laquan McDonald Killing
- Giants suspend Apple for finale for 'detrimental' conduct
- Apple sorry for slowing iPhones, cuts battery price by $50