PARADISE, Calif. - At a Paradise town hall meeting, the mayor and vice mayor were handed recall petition papers.
One Paradise citizen said he did not have a vote of confidence in Mayor Jody Jones and Vice Mayor Greg Bolin.
He told the council that nothing has been done so far about the destruction of downtown because of the Camp Fire.
After five months, he said he wants to be able to move back into his home.
Town Manager Lauren Gill says this man's action serves as an official notice that a recall petition will be circulated.
Mayor Jones says she does not wish to comment on the act at this time.
Gill also added that at this point in the process, it is unclear what comes next.
- Petition circulates for recall of Paradise mayor, vice mayor
- Group moves forward with petition to recall Chico mayor, councilmember
- Redding Vice Mayor stepping down in November
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: An update from the Paradise vice mayor
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: An update from the Paradise Vice Mayor
- Chico vice mayor does not seek re-election
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Paradise Mayor going to DC to discuss Camp Fire
- Paradise Mayor Jody Jones to travel to Washington
- Mayor of Paradise talks about Rebuilding and Recovery Planning