(CNN) - A massive data breach has been uncovered, and it has compromised hundreds of millions of email addresses.
Millions of unique passwords have also jeopardized and posted in an online hacking forum.
Users can search to see if their email address or password has been compromised.
Hunt told Wired.com that its difficult to see where the info originated from but it could have come from more than 2,000 leaked databases.
According to Wired, this type of breach has happened before but never on this scale.
- Massive Data Breach: Hundreds of Millions Accounts Exposed
- Data breach exposes thousands of California state employees
- California DMV data breach exposed thousands of drivers' information, agency says
- Security Experts Suspect Espionage Behind Hotel Data Breach
- Facebook could face billion dollar fine for data breaches
- BevMo Warns of Customer Credit Card Data Breach
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook records exposed on Amazon cloud servers
- Beware: 2017 Data breaches are leading to more fraudulent tax returns
- What to do if you're affected by the Marriott data breach
- Massive bridge demolition recorded