Marysville Police are investigating an attempted murder and mayhem case. Police say officers were dispatched to St. Johns Episcopal Church at 800 D Street Sunday about 8:50 pm for a reported stabbing. Once officers arrived they found a 57 year old man sitting on a curb holding his left eye.
The victim told officers another man, later identified as Benny Supnet from Marysville, had stabbed him in the eye with a screwdriver. Police say Supnet fled the area prior to officers arriving. Officers were able to locate an address for Supnet from previous contacts and tracked him down. While speaking to Supnet, police say he became combative and resisted officers. Supnet also threatened to come after one of the arresting officer’s family when he is released from custody. Supnet continued to be combative with Yuba Deputies while being booked into the Yuba County Jail.
Supnet was booked for attempted murder, resisting/threatening officers and mayhem. The Marysville Police Department is still investigating the incident.
The victim was taken to a Sacramento area hospital due to the extent of the trauma to his left eye.
- Marysville man arrested for attempted murder and mayhem
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Police arrest Marysville masseuse for soliciting prostitution
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Attempting to Murder Game Warden
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Oregon Man Arrested for Attempted Murder near Yreka