MARYSVILLE, Calif. - The new Fire Chief for the City of Marysville is Ron Karlen, according to an email sent by the Marysville City Manager Marti Brown.
Karlen has a long list of experience, including being a Fire Captain with Cal Fire, a Deputy Fire Chief in Vacaville, Fire Division Chief in Dixon and Fire Captain in Dixon and Winters, said the email.
When asked about the new position, Karlen commented saying:
“I am honored to have the opportunity to serve the citizens of Marysville and Hallwood District 10 as the City’s new Fire Chief. In preparing for the transition, the Marysville team has already been supportive and welcoming during and after the hiring process. I look forward to meeting and working with the communities the City serves and the Marysville Fire Department personnel as we continue to provide the highest quality public safety services possible."
The new appointment comes after current Marysville Fire Chief Dale Vogelsang announced his retirement as of June 30, 2018.
Karlen will be sworn in as Marysville’s Fire Chief at the Marysville City Council meeting on July 17.
- City of Marysville Announces New Fire Chief
- Marysville Police Chief Update: Easton leaves post amid investigation
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- Marysville PD: 'Catapult EMS saves lives'
- Missing Marysville Woman Found After 10 Days
- Fatal Head-On Crash North of Marysville
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- City of Redding Names New Fire Chief