A marine from Placer County has been killed in San Diego.
21-year-old Ryan Harris was stabbed to death Friday while trying to stop a fight-- on the streets of San Diego.
Heartbroken over the loss of their son, grandson, brother and hero, the family of Lance Corporal Ryan Harris hold on to memories to get them through.
"Ryan was the all American kid. If you had a son, you would want one like Ryan,” said Larry W. Holt, grandfather of Harris.
Harris, just 21 years old, a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton was killed early Friday morning after an altercation on the streets of San Diego.
Exact details are still under investigation, but the family says Harris was attempting to intervene in a fight when he was stabbed.
He died from his injuries and the suspect is still on the run.
Harris was a talented baseball player, playing in high school for Rio Linda and East Nicolaus and in several leagues in San Diego.
The family says they're grateful Ryan was able to make it home for one last Christmas this past week.
- Marine stabbed to death in San Diego
- Victim of San Diego plane crash identified
- San Diego seawater temperature hits 102-year high
- Dog Saved From Sinkhole in San Diego
- Man stabbed to death aboard San Francisco area train
- 20 children injured after stairwell collapses in San Diego
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- San Diego investigating man's near-crushing in trash truck
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Shots Fired Near San Diego Marathon, Female Suspect Arrested