INYO COUNTY, Calif. - A Camp Pendleton Marine has been presumed dead after having not been found in the Sierra Nevada Mountains after a week-long search.
The 24-year-old first Lieutenant, Matthew Kraft from Connecticut, set out on a 10 day, 195-mile trek in late February.
The week-long search was started after Kraft failed to show on his planned return date.
Authorities are saying that Kraft was probably overcome by severe weather during winter storms.
- Marine presumed dead in Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Massive search for Marine missing in Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Sierra Nevada 'Resilience' Out Now
- Sierra Nevada Hosts 'Pint Night' to Celebrate Resilience IPA
- LATEST: Morning road conditions crossing the Sierra Nevada range
- Storm dumps 18 inches of snow, heavy rain in Sierra Nevada
- Sierra Nevada Hosts Thanksgiving to Bring Victims of Camp Fire Together
- January Storms Push Sierra Nevada Snowpack 100 Percent Average to Date
- Burglary at Sierra Nevada Cheese Company estimated to cost more than $3,500
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company will hold 'royal wedding' at this year's Oktoberfest