Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE 11:04 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 - The Williams California Highway Patrol has identified the body found in Colusa County on Sept. 23 as Hoover Mock, 75, of Willows.
This case is still under investigation, but there is no evidence of foul play.
DELEVAN, Calif. - A man has been found dead on a rural road in Colusa County after the CHP searched for hours for him after a traffic collision.
According to online reports from the California Highway Patrol, the man's vehicle was found at approximately 1:43 a.m. on McDermott Road. The vehicle, a BMW sedan with moderate front-end damage was abandoned, but the airbags had been deployed and the engine was cold. The person's wallet was still inside the vehicle.
There was suspicion that the driver may have been lost or confused. A search was conducted overnight, and at 10:15 a.m. a body was located in the block of 4906-4939 McDermott Road.
The Colusa County Coroner's Office has not released the name of the deceased.
The entire incident is a California Highway Patrol investigation.
Below is a map showing the rural area where the body was found.
We have a reporter on the way to Colusa County. Please keep checking back for updates to this story.
- Police Identify Body Found on McDermott Road in Colusa County
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Search for murder suspect in Colusa County, missing woman's body found
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Police Identify Body Found in Walnut Orchard in Gridley
- Police Identify Body Found Under Bridge in Redding
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Identifies Body Found in Magalia
- Colusa County coroner identifies 2 killed in crash on I-5, near Williams
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road
- Dead body identified in Plumas County