Gridley, Calif.—Monday Action News Now reported a TCP contamination in the water at Gridley’s Manzanita Elementary School.
Students and staff members are using bottled water until the situation can be cleared up.
Drinking fountains at the school are off limits. They have been making due with bottled water.
Wednesday Klean Kanteen delivered 250 new Klean Kanteen bottles to the school.
Superintendent Tim Taylor is thankful for the donation saying, “The kids are proud. It's a great partnership with business and schools. It means a lot to the school to know way out here in Manzanita, a Chico business is helping out."
School Officials are working with local and state health officials to determine whether a new well needs to be installed, or possibly a water treatment system.
TCP is a man-made chemical historically found in agricultural areas.
It was banned in the 90’s because it can cause cancer.
- Manzanita Elementary School Receives Water Donation from Local Business
- Contaminated water found at Manzanita Elementary School in Gridley
- Ponderosa Elementary teacher reflects on Camp Fire after receiving massive donation for school
- Chapman Elementary School Garden
- Paradise High School band students receive generous donation
- High School Internships Help Local Businesses
- Lockdown at Chico elementary school
- Car veers off road, knocks down power pole on Manzanita Avenue
- Paskenta Receives Funding for Hauled Water
- Kool April Nites donates to Boulder Creek Elementary