Suspect on the loose out of Utah, accused of shooting at unified police and shooting and striking a man.
The victim in the hospital.
The suspect is not yet behind bars and authorities are now appealing directly to him to surrender.
“Justin, if you're out there listening to this-this, is Sherriff Rivera, we are asking you to call us, turn yourself in,” said Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera.
33-year-old Justin Gary Lewellan is still on the loose after police say he opened fire Saturday on two unified police officers near 4900 West and 135th South St.
The male fled from him and as he was approaching him he shot at the officer, neither officer was hit, but the suspect then pulled the trigger on a Riverton homeowner.
He then stole their vehicle which happened to have a gun in it.
That’s where Dan Perry was playing basketball when he noticed a lot of police in the area.
Text alerts from his church, soon went out, warning residents to stay inside and keep the doors locked.
Similar messages were sent out by the neighborhood watch.
Authorities including a swat team also asking residents to shelter in place as they combed the area.
The victim who was shot by Lewellan was hit multiple times, but his condition has been upgraded Saturday and he is expected to be ok.
Lewellan is still on the loose, he is known to police he's from the Riverton, UT he has family in Herriman too.
- Manhunt for Utah man that shot police
- Roseville identity theft manhunt
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Suspect leads Chico Police on manhunt after burglarizing business
- Manhunt for inmate who escaped California prison
- Traffic Stop Leads to Manhunt in Redding
- Manhunt underway for Shasta County shooting suspect
- Manhunt underway for Orland bank robbery suspect
- Manhunt underway for Anderson porch pirate
- Man shot by police is burglary suspect