On Friday evening just after 6 p.m., Paradise Police Dispatch received several 9-1-1 calls reporting a traffic collision at the intersection of Skyway and Neal Road.
Dispatch received information that a dark-colored, full-sized pickup, which was involved in the collision, left northbound on Skyway from the scene. Officer’s found a silver Honda, driven by 21-year-old Serentity Fitzgerald, who was traveling southbound at the time of the collision.
The Honda was struck by a pickup that was traveling westbound on Neal Road, which failed to stop at the intersection with Skyway. The Honda had major damage at the driver’s door, causing the side airbag’s to deploy.
Fire personnel assisted the driver out of the vehicle, who was transported to a local hospital for treatment of her injuries, where she was in stable condition.
A witness followed the above Pickup and provided the vehicle license plate number. The witness lost sight of the pickup when it turned westbound on to Big Sky Road from Clark Road. Officer’s responded to the registered owner’s residence and located a Ford pickup with recent front-end damage, including a deployed driver’s airbag.
Officer’s contacted the owner, who was identified as 63-year-old Henry Lavigne. Lavigne was arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run.
If anyone has information regarding this collision, they are encouraged to contact the Paradise Police Department at 530-892-6241.
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Paradise man arrested for DUI, hit-and-run arrest
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Chico Police: Man arrested in DUI hit & run
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Woman arrested on DUI, hit and run charges
- Man arrested for wrong way driving, hit-and-run and DUI
- Man arrested on DUI charges after hitting biker in Oroville
- DUI arrest retraction
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury