REDDING, Calif.- A Redding man was arrested after police said he was brandishing a stolen gun at motorists.
Officers responded to a call on Wednesday that William James McCurdy was intentionally brandishing a gun at motorists on North Market Street in Redding.
After a short standoff with police, McCurdy dropped the pistol and was taken safely into police custody. Officers learned that the pistol used by McCurdy was stolen from a local business.
Police returned the pistol and booked McCurdy on multiple charges including brandishing a weapon, commercial burglary, and possession of stolen property.
- Redding Man with stolen pistol arrested
- Redding Man Arrested for Possession of Stolen Property
- Redding Neighborhood Policing Unit make Stolen Property Arrest
- Woman Tracks Down Stolen Car, Redding Police Arrest Suspect
- Mail stolen from homes in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff woman reunited with stolen dog
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- One man arrested after homicide in Redding
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking