Deputies said that a Burney man was arrested on Friday for having three active warrants and resisting arrest.
According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, this happened just after 8:30 p.m. at the intersection of Cypress Avenue and Hudson Street near Burney.
A deputy attempted to contact Corey J. Murphy, at that intersection, but Murphy tried to escape.
K9 “Blitz” was able to chase Murphy a short distance later and catch him.
Murphy was booked into the Shasta County Jail for his three active warrants, one of them being a felony weapons violation and resisting arrest.
- Man with active warrants runs away from K9 ‘Blitz’
- K9 “Blitz” apprehends wanted suspect at a rock wall
- Anderson Police Searching for Offender with Violent Active Warrants
- K9 Program at Oroville Schools
- Redding K9 Finds Suspect in Doghouse
- Red Bluff PD K9 receives body armor
- Orland PD Softball Tournament for K9 Unit
- Redding CHP K9 Team Now Trained & Ready
- Dallas Police Seeking Warrant for Officer After Man's Fatal Shooting
- 16 arrested during Anderson warrant sweep