CHICO, Calif. - A vehicle burglary suspect possessing a stolen gun and methamphetamine was arrested after refusing to leave his ex-girlfriend’s home, according to the Chico Police Department.
According to Chico police, officers got a call just before 11:50 p.m. Wednesday about a man arriving at his ex-girlfriend’s house at the 100 block of Parmac Road and refusing to leave.
Authorities arrived at the home shortly after and saw the man, Kaylum Rogers, 30 wearing a backpack and standing near her home, officials said.
When officers tried to get a hold of Rogers he ran away from police towards a business at 260 Cohasset Road, officials said.
Rogers was located at the area and taken into custody by police, but this time he was not wearing his backpack.
A short time later officers searched for Rogers’ backpack and found it inside a garbage can along the path he traveled, officials said.
Police say inside the backpack they found a stolen pistol from a Chico vehicle burglary, about an ounce of methamphetamine and the suspect’s wallet.
Rogers is considered a convicted felon and was not allowed to possess a firearm, according to Chico police.
- Man with Stolen Gun Runs Away from Police After Confronting Ex-Girlfriend: Chico PD
- Chico police arrest 3 after confrontation near Ray's Liquor
- Man Threatens Roommates with Gun over Complaint of Noise: Chico PD
- Convicted Man Out of Stockton Arrested After Gun and Drug Bust: Chico PD
- Butte Co. & Chico PD partner to address mental health & policing
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- Police Arrest Redding Man Suspected of Severely Assaulting, Robbing Girlfriend
- Redding Police arrest man for threats to shoot girlfriend
- $3,000 bike theft, man arrested after running from Chico police