CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (AP) - California authorities say a man allegedly tried to stab a firefighter who was trying to save him from a house fire near Sacramento.
The Sacramento Bee reports police previously responded Sunday to the home in Citrus Heights for a welfare check, but the man inside refused to talk to officers.
Police Sgt. Wesley Herman says after the blaze broke out, firefighters encountered the man in a hallway. Herman says the man tried to attack a firefighter with a knife.
The suspect was subdued and hospitalized for burns and smoke inhalation. He could face charges including assault with a deadly weapon.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press)
- Man tries to stab firefighter
- Shingletown man accused of stabbing father
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Man Stabbed in Tehama County Monastery
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Oroville Man Receives Heart Transplant from Firefighter
- Chuck Norris Thanks Firefighters
- Police: Woman randomly stabs a man at his apartment
- Stabbing near residential area leaves 1 man injured
- Police are searching for a man after stabbing in Corning