Shasta County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to an assault with a deadly weapon call on the 11000 block of Alee Lane in Redding Friday morning.
Deputies arrived on scene and spoke to people at the property including the victim, 46 year old John David Barrett of Redding.
Barrett was suffering from a penetrating wound to his upper torso, which was reportedly caused when he was shot with an arrow.
Barrett was transported to an area hospital and is being treated for a non-life threatening wound.
Deputies spoke with numerous people at the scene, but no witnesses to the shooting have been identified.
The identity of the suspect is unknown and the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the Shasta County Sheriff’s office by calling 245-6540.
- Man shot by arrow in Redding identified: SCSO searching for suspect
- SCSO: Suspect Injured in Shootout with CHP
- SCSO: Man Suspected of Domestic Violence Assaults K-9
- SCSO: Verbal fight between two men leads to shots fired
- SCSO: Teenage boy Accidentally Shot by Friend; Intended for Bear
- UPDATE: SCSO female suspect in Anderson shooting found
- Deputy Cars Nearly Hit While Chasing Suspects in Burney: SCSO
- SCSO: Suspect on the Loose After High Speed Chase
- Alleged Lakehead Market Robber Arrested: SCSO
- SCSO: Redding Man Found Looting in Evacuated Area of South View Drive