UPDATE 3:26 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9 - Authorities have identified a man who was killed by a train as 34-year-old Richard Wesley Beaver, of Shasta Lake.
Wesley was on his motorcycle when he was killed by a train on Dec. 21 around 4:30 p.m.
The case remains under investigation by the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office said a man was killed by a train around 4:30 p.m., Saturday.
It happened on Shasta Dam Boulevard and La Mesa Avenue in Shasta Lake. Deputies said he was riding a motorcycle at the time.
Deputies tried to save his life, but were unable to do so.
The Sheriff's Office and Amtrak Police are still investigating what happened, but nobody on the train was injured in the crash.
- Man on motorcycle killed by train, identified
- Authorities identified couple killed on motorcycle in Glenn County
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Redding man killed by train
- Highway Patrol Identifies Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash in Shasta County
- Authorities identify person killed by train in Redding
- Man killed in fire in Redding identified
- Authorities identify man killed in Oroville shooting
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Redding
- 1 killed in Highway 3 motorcycle crash