CHICO, Calif. - On Jan 18 at approximately 8:24 p.m., the Chico Police Dispatch Center received a call from the victim of a robbery that occurred on the bike path near the 500 block of Nord Avenue in west Chico.
Police say the victim stated his property was stolen by a man armed with a handgun. The victim was also beaten with the handgun by the suspect and was bleeding from the head when officers contacted him.
Officers say they were able to develop information regarding the possible identity and location of the suspect. At 10:00 p.m. the suspect was contacted and detained without incident on the 1100 block of Stewart Avenue in Chico, less than ½ mile from the location of the robbery.
Police says he was positively identified as the suspect who robbed and beat the victim. The suspect, identified as 20-year-old Kaleb Bunch of Chico, was arrested for robbery. A subsequent search of the suspect’s property yielded a handgun matching the one used in the robbery. It was found to be a realistic-looking metal revolver BB pistol.
Officials say Bunch was transported to the Butte County Jail in Oroville where he is being held on $50,000 bail. The victim was treated at Enloe Medical Center for minor injuries sustained in the assault and robbery.
- Man in custody for violent robbery on bike path
- Paradise Bike Path will be Transformed Soon
- Shasta Bike Challenge Sparks Concerns Over Bike Paths
- Chico Police search for suspect in stabbing on bike path
- Violent Crime in Redding
- Man Arrested After Love Triangle Turns Violent
- Chico Police following up on violent crimes
- Chico police dispute recent violent crime statistics
- Redding Violent Criminal Sentenced to Nine Years
- Justin's Bike Fund giving away bikes this season