A resident reporting a suspicious vehicle in a gated Elk River community led to the discovery of firearms, processed marijuana and stolen property.
On Feb. 8, 2018 at about 6:28 a.m., sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 500 block of Tanglewood Dr. in the Elk River area after a resident reported a suspicious blue truck parked in their driveway. As deputies entered the neighborhood, they observed the vehicle attempting to leave the area. Deputies conducted a stop on the vehicle and detained the driver, 36-year-old Ryan Michael McNeil.
During a search of the vehicle, deputies located four firearms, two of which were loaded, processed marijuana and stolen property associated with burglaries across Humboldt County. During a search of McNeil, deputies located four grams of methamphetamine.
McNeil was taken into custody on charges of grand theft, carrying a loaded firearm in a public place, carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle, possession of a controlled substance and buying or receiving stolen property.
Anyone who observes suspicious activity in their community is encouraged to report it to the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
- Man in Humboldt County arrested with drugs and loaded guns
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Humboldt County SWAT team parole man with drugs and guns
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Man Arrested For Brandishing Loaded Gun at Someone: RPD
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Humboldt County Drug Task Force arrest two for using home to sell drugs
- 3 arrested after Humboldt County Drug task Force busts drug house