CHICO, Calif. - A man was hospitalized on Thursday after police said he was attacked and robbed near the Children's Playground in Chico.
Around 10:55 p.m. on Thursday, the Chico Police Department received reports of a fight in the Children's Playground city park located at W. 1st Street in Chico.
When officers arrived at the park, they found a man lying on the ground bleeding from his head. They determined that he was the victim of a strong-arm robbery.
The victim told police that he was crossing the footbridge into the Children's Playground when he was approached by four young men.
He said, without warning, they attacked him and took his personal property.
A witness of the alleged crime approached the suspects, who immediately fled. The suspects are described as two, black male juveniles; one Hispanic, male juvenile; and one, white male juvenile who was wearing a red shirt.
The suspects were last seen running through the Chico State campus from the Children's Playground.
The victim was transported to Enloe Medical Center with facial injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Chico Police Department at 530-897-4910.
- Man hospitalized after attack near Chico playground
- Man hospitalized after machete attack
- Caper Acres set to Reveal new Playground
- Thermalito School Fire Damages Playground Equipment
- Fire at School Playground in Thermalito
- Man attacked inside Chico Mall, police believe it's gang-related
- Man recovering from stabbing attack in downtown Chico
- Witness Reacts to Chico Convenience Store Attack
- Driver hospitalized after rollover crash in Chico
- Redding police arrest suspect on drug charges near playground