ELK CREEK, Calif. - A man was hospitalized in Glenn County after reportedly being attacked by another man with a machete.
Carlos Prentice Hill, 27, reported the attack around 1:42 a.m. on March 4 to Glenn County sheriff's deputies.
He said that he and two juveniles were walking along the roadway at Grindstone Rancheria when two men drove up to them. One of the men, who Hill identified as DJ Burrows, 39, confronted Hill and brandished a firearm.
Hill said that Burrows attacked him with a machete and then drove away.
Hill was transported to the Glenn Medical Center and then later to Enloe Medical Center after suffering major injuries to his head and arms.
Detectives located the vehicle the Hill described Burrows to be driving as well as a large fixed blade knife. They were not able to locate Burrows.
They served a search warrant for the residence they believed Burrows to be staying, located at 3600 Country Road 305, and found firearms as well as miscellaneous ammunition.
On March 6, deputies received information that Burrows was at the Country Road 305 location in Elk Creek and took him into custody. He was booked for outstanding felony and misdemeanor bench warrants out of Glenn and Colusa Counties.
- Man hospitalized after machete attack
- Man hospitalized after attack near Chico playground
- 73-Year-Old Bayliss Man Hospitalized After Suspected Hammer Attack on His Property
- Solo Crash Leaves Durham Man Hospitalized
- Man Sentenced for Assaulting Hospital Security Guard
- Luke Perry hospitalized
- Red Bluff man arrested after he attacked teenage boy
- 90-year-old man allegedly attacked near Bidwell Park
- Man attacked inside Chico Mall, police believe it's gang-related
- Cottonwood Man Threatens to Kill Sister, Attacks Her: TCSO