The Siskiyou County Sheriff's office has identified the man found dead in the snow last week.
72 year old James Herbert Lloyd of Mount Shasta was found lying on Medicine Lake Road about 15 miles north of state route 89.
Lloyd's vehicle was found stuck in the snow about seven miles north on Medicine Lake Road.
An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
Authorities want to remind people to carry roadway flares, flashlights, blankets and extra food and water when travelling during the winter months.
- Man found dead in the snow in Mount Shasta
- Missing Mount Shasta Hiker Found Alive
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- D4 avalanche hits Mount Shasta
- Mount Shasta ski season ends on Easter
- Mount Shasta police searching for stabbing suspect
- Two climbers rescued from Mount Shasta
- Man Facing Charges for Attempted Murder in Mount Shasta
- Man dies after falling during Mount Shasta hike
- Man Found Dead in Shasta Lake ID’d: SCSO