If it hadn't been New Year's Day, Chico Police say someone could have been seriously hurt Monday morning when a car crashed into a property management office.
It happened at about 9:15 a.m. when Police say a man in his mid-40's suddenly hit the gas pedal of his Lincoln Town car while in the drive-thru of the McDonalds on East Avenue near Pleasant Valley High School. The car plowed through a fence and into an adjacent office park where it wound up crashing into the side of Entwood Property Management taking out an office window, and a portion of the the building's structural support.
Fortunately, due to the holiday, no one was inside the office at the time of the crash.
Police say the driver was able to get himself out of the vehicle and was taken to Enloe Medical Center where doctors determined he suffered a seizure at the time he lost control of the car.
- Man drives car into a Chico business
- Car crashes into Chico business
- Chico Business Owners Appeal Plan for Subway Drive-thru
- BloodSource Drive at Chico State
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- UPDATE: Chico man hits wife with car
- Chico Businesses Attend Cannabis Panel
- New trampoline business its doors in Chico
- Christmas business booming in downtown Chico
- Chico business has watch stolen, returned