ANDERSON, Calif. - An Anderson man is behind bars after deputies say he dragged a woman out of her home in an attempted rape and homicide.
On Friday, August 16, just before 3 a.m., the Shasta County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to Happy Valley Road for a report of a stabbing victim.
When they arrived, Deputies located a woman suffering from stab wounds where her throat was slit and she displayed injuries consistent with blunt force trauma.
The victim was transported to the hospital where she provided suspect information and told officers the suspect attempted to rape her after dragging her from her residence.
Witnesses and the victim were able to confirm the positively identify the suspect as 43-year-old Chad Kaufman.
On Monday, Kaufman was contacted and arrested and transported to the Shasta County Jail where he was booked on attempted murder, attempted rape and kidnapping related charges.
It is believed there was no threat to the public and this was an isolated incident.
- Shasta Co. Deputies: Anderson man drags woman from home in attempted homicide
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Identifies Victim in Anderson Homicide
- Shasta County man faces attempted murder charges
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Redding police arrest man in attempted homicide investigation
- Man Facing Charges for Attempted Murder in Mount Shasta
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Shasta County deputies: man shoots brother in self defense
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for shooting his neighbor